Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

I know today is Mother's Day, but we had a different holiday recently... Our Anniversary!

Let me start off by saying that I have now been married to my wonderful husband for two years! For our anniversary, we didn't do anything big, but I did make him something, so I thought I'd share it with you. He loves beef jerky, so I used a round can of slim jim for this, but you could really use anything. First, I created "slips" for the beef jerky sticks. I started creating one for each stick, but quickly realized they wouldn't fit in the can, so I started putting 2-3 in each envelope. On the slips, I wrote reasons I love my husband!

I made the slips by cutting a strip of paper and folding the edge over. I applied glue to the folded edge and lined up the opposite edge. Then I creased the folds.




I then wrote a reason on both sides of the slips. 



This is what the beef sticks looked like in their slips. You can see I tried a different method at first (the bottom beef stick), but it was too space-consuming.



I wrapped the cannister in striped paper and used 3-D adhesives to attach a square with a rub-on that says "What I LOVE About You".



I added a circle of paper in the lid, and wrote a message. I also covered the top of the lid in the same striped paper as the cannister, but I didn't take a picture.



Here is a picture of all the pieces together!

And in case you are wondering, In return, I got....



FLOWERS! Daises are my favorite, and carnations were our wedding flower, so this bunch of flowers is way better than roses! :)

2 comments:

Beth Anne said...

I love this!

I just might use it one day, when I have someone to use it for. haha. But shhhhhh - don't tell.

Heather & Justin said...

what a sweet, cute idea! My anniversary is in less than a month, so I need cute ideas like this! Thanks SO much for sharing!

-Heather, from lifeofapasseri.blogspot.com